Saturday, March 15, 2008

Coach Carl Casanova: Twenty Success Tips for Sound Self-Esteem

20 Success Tips for Sound Self-Esteem

The following is an except from Carl Casanova, M.S., the author of "What Every Successful Person Knows!" He is also a success coach and founder of The Centre, a school for executive training, personal development, and coach certification in Portland, OR.

What is self-esteem? Quite simply, I believe that it is the healthy assertion that I like myself. I am valuable. I'm okay. I'm glad I'm me. When we have healthy self-esteem, it will greatly enhance our well-being as well as our interaction with others.

Field Exercise from Your Success Coach:
Taking action will make these steps a reality in your life. Observe these tips. They promote a lifestyle of positive living and sound self-esteem. Circle the Top five that you want to begin to improve immediately. Building alife of high self-esteem is a process. Move forward, one day at a time, for success.

Twenty Success Tips for Sound Self-Esteem:
1. I accept faith over fear. 2. I make decisions wisely and willingly accept the consequences. 3. I set and achieve goals according to who I am and what I value. 4. I allow myself the freedom to make mistakes, learn, and grow. 5. I train my mind by reading, attending classes, and studying to improve myself. 6. I choose healthy relationships and set clear boundaries. 7. I do not procrastinate or drift; I motivate myself in line with my chosen outcome. 8. I do not allow personal comparisons to affect my self-worth. 9. I choose my occupation, lifestyle and living environment. 10. I am authentic and true to my word. 11. I do not lower myself on account of other's wealth or status. 12. I do not let people speak or treat me disrespectfully. 13. I envision myself living a long, loving, and productive life. 14. I face reality honestly and let go of what I cannot change or control. 15. I keep myself fit, well-groomed, and present myself appropriately. 16. I play; I have fun, and I have a variety of hobbies and interests. 17. I do not deny my needs, feelings, and opinions to please others. 18. I have an orderly home. 19. I share my love with family and friends and allow myself to receive. 20. I am enough.

*For more about Coach Carl Casanova's book, "What Every Successful Person Knows" and his coaching school, visit www.thecentreusa.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carl's ideas are always articulated in an approachable and elegant form. His style of communication is clear and radiant. More importantly, he actually lives what he preaches. He is a fine person and role model for everyone.