Here is a favorite excerpt from his international best-seller "The Secret of Letting Go":
- Give up self-doubt. It only makes you more dependent on others who can't do anything about their own self-doubt. Independence is confidence.
- Give up self-righteousness. It only feels like something right. It is coming from something that is wrong. Right isn't something you feel; it is something you are.
- Give up regret. It only ties you to the old life-level that didn't know better and keeps you from the one that does.
- Give up anger toward others and yourself. See that the force of any heated reaction is not strength. Remember that for any and every action of force, there is an equal and opposite one. This explains why the fighting never ends. Let it end.
- Give up self-torment. It drives you - but it doesn't take you anywhere. Who you really are never suffers over who you are not.
Open Invitation: Feel free to send in your comments. We'd love to hear from you. To text message Beyond 50, click on the Comments link below.
For more about Guy Finley's writings, go to www.guyfinley.com.